When: Friday, Saturday, April 30 at 7- 8:80 pm
Where: Grace Baptist Church in Parker
What: A seminar by Dr. Brian Ray, President of the National Home Education Research Institute
Cost: Free Admission but suggested contribution is $5 per person or $8 per family.
Contact: CHEC at email@example.com or 720-842-4852
Come hear a nationally renowned speaker and researcher, Dr. Brian Ray speak about homeschooling, right here in Parker!
Dr. Ray’s message will challenge and educate those new to or critical of homeschooling, as well as encourage experienced homeschoolers. Dr. Ray will present the results of the latest research on home education, challenge you to consider your philosophy of education. He will also consider the parents’ role vs. the government’s role in education, and explain how the modern homeschool movement is bringing significant zeal and change to this nation.
Dr. Ray will help you consider the answers to questions such as the following:
• Are parents qualified to teach their children?
• Are these children receiving an adequate academic education?
• What about socialization? (What is socialization, by the way?)
• How will these children behave when they get into the “real world of adulthood”?
• Do the home educated learn as much as those in conventional schools?
• What do certain worldviews or God have to say about who should be educating – teaching, training, discipling, indoctrinating – children?
• Why is the lure of government handouts so strong?
Dr. Ray has been critically reviewing research in the area of home education for about 26 years. He is the founding editor of Home School Researcher; has published numerous articles on home education in professional journals, along with Christianity Today, and Homeschooling Today magazine; has been interviewed by numerous radio, print, and television media, including two appearances on the NBC Today Show. His Ph.D. is in science education from Oregon State University. His newest books are Home Educated and Now Adults and Worldwide Guide to Homeschooling. Dr. Ray and his wife are homeschooling parents of eight children.
Co-Sponsored by: Christian Home Educators of Colorado (CHEC) 720-842-4852, http://chec.org and
National Home Education Research Institute PO Box 13939, Salem OR 97309, 503/364 1490, http://www.nheri.org
From Parker Rd and Mainstreet, go north on Parker Rd, west on Plaza Rd, and then turn right into the second driveway. (We're on the back side of the strip mall.) Enter the lower parking lot on the north side of Plaza Dr. Next door to the CHEC office.