PCHE Statement of Faith
PCHE adheres to a Biblical worldview as defined by the statements below.
- The entire Bible is the inspired and inerrant word of God. It constitutes completed and final revelation and has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. Its authority is not limited to spiritual, religious, or redemptive themes but includes such fields as history and science (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21).
- God has existed from all eternity in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, each equal in divinity. (Psalm 90:1-2; Matthew 28:18-19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- All men sin and are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and are therefore under His wrath and just condemnation. (Psalm 14:1-3; Romans 3:23).
- Jesus Christ was God, who came in human flesh, through the virgin birth, being fully God and fully man, yet without sin. As our representative and substitute, Jesus shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. He then rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven where he sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation. (Matthew 3:16-17; John 1:1-14; 1 Peter 2:24; 3:18; 1 John 2:2; 1 Corinthians 15).
- Salvation is the free gift of God by grace through faith alone. This gift must be responded to individually by faith, not trusting in any personal good works. (Romans 3:24; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 1:12-13).
- The Holy Spirit convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer's life by faith. The Holy Spirit lives and works in each believer to produce the fruits of righteousness. (John 16:13-14; Ephesians 3:16; Romans 8:9).
- God's kingdom will be consummated in the glorious, visible and triumphant appearing of Christ in His return to the earth as King. He will bring about the final defeat of Satan, the resurrection of the dead, the final judgment and the eternal blessing of the righteous and eternal punishment of the wicked. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; 2 Thessalonians 2:8; Matthew 25:31-32; Revelation 20:10-15).
- We believe that children are given by God to the parents and that parents have the authority and the responsibility to reach, nurture, train and educate their own children.
- We believe the supreme task of every believer is to glorify God in thought, speech, conduct, and lifestyle. Each Christian should seek to be a growing disciple of Jesus Christ in every area of life, a faithful steward of all resources, and an ambassador for Christ before the world.
- We adhere to the biblical model for marriage, which is the physical, spiritual and legal union between one man and one woman.
- We believe the account of origins presented in Genesis is a simple but factual presentation of actual events and therefore provides a reliable framework for scientific research into the question of the origin and history of life, mankind, the earth and the universe.